What is a pivot table and how does it work?
Simply defined, a Pivot Table is a tool built into Excel that allows you to summarize large quantities of data quickly and easily.
Given an input table with tens, hundreds, or even thousands of rows, Pivot Tables allow you to extract answers to a series of basic questions about your data with minimal effort.
How do you make a pivot table in Excel?
To create a PivotTable:
- Select the table or cells (including column headers) containing the data you want to use.
- From the Insert tab, click the PivotTable command.
- The Create PivotTable dialog box will appear.
- A blank PivotTable and Field List will appear on a new worksheet.
How do I create a pivot table with multiple columns?
Pivot Table from Multiple Consolidation Ranges
- To open the PivotTable and PivotChart Wizard, select any cell on a worksheet, then press Alt+D, then press P.
- Click Multiple consolidation ranges, then click Next.
- Click “I will create the Page Fields”, then click Next.
- Select each range, and click Add.
How do you do a pivot table on Youtube?
Introduction to Pivot Tables, Charts, and Dashboards in –
What are Vlookups used for?
VLOOKUP is an Excel function to lookup and retrieve data from a specific column in table. VLOOKUP supports approximate and exact matching, and wildcards (* ?) for partial matches. The “V” stands for “vertical”. Lookup values must appear in the first column of the table, with lookup columns to the right.
How can I create a database in Excel?
Excel Magic Trick #184: Setup Database in Excel –
How do I do a Vlookup?
- In the Formula Bar, type =VLOOKUP().
- In the parentheses, enter your lookup value, followed by a comma.
- Enter your table array or lookup table, the range of data you want to search, and a comma: (H2,B3:F25,
- Enter column index number.
- Enter the range lookup value, either TRUE or FALSE.
How do I make a spreadsheet?
There are 3 ways to create a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets:
- Click the red “NEW” button on your your Google Drive dashboard and select “Google Sheets”
- Open the menu from within a spreadsheet and select “File > New Spreadsheet”
- Click “Blank” or select a template on the Google Sheets homepage.
How do you create a summary table in Excel?
How to Create a Summary Report from an Excel Table –