What does Google Tag Manager do?
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to modify the code. Here’s a very simple example of how GTM works.
When should I use Google Tag Manager?
10 Reasons To Start Using Google Tag Manager Right Now
- Future-Proof Your Website. Ideally, Google Tag Manager is already a part of your process for adding analytics and conversion tracking to your website.
- Implementation Speed. GTM will help speed up many processes.
- Debug Options.
- Version Control.
- Workspaces and Environments.
- User Permissions.
How do I use Google Tag Manager with Google Analytics?
How to install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager (2020
How do I add a tag in Google Tag Manager?
To set up a new Google Analytics tag:
- On the Workspace Overview screen, click New Tag.
- Click Tag Configuration and choose Universal Analytics.
- Select the desired Track Type.
- Select or create a new Google Analytics Settings Variable:
- Click Triggering to choose a trigger that will make the tag fire.
What are the benefits of Google Tag Manager?
Now that you know what Google Tag Manager is and why it’s important, here are the 8 key benefits it offers:
- Ease of use.
- Easy updates and a future-proofed website.
- Debug features.
- Version control.
- Users and permissions management.
- Built-in tags.
- Functions with Google Analytics.
- Event tracking.
How do I get a Google Tag Manager code?
Where can I find the Google Tag Manager code?
- By clicking container ID link (located next to Publish and Preview buttons)
- Or by going to Admin > Account > Container > Install Google Tag Manager.
What is Google Tag Manager and how it works?
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to modify the code. Information from one data source (your website) is shared with another data source (Analytics) through Google Tag Manager.
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
How to Check Google Tag Manager is Working
- Open Google Tag Manager and click Preview in the top right corner.
- Next navigate to your website. You may need refresh the browser. The debug console will open at the open of the browser window.
- Evaluate what tag are being fired on the page and which ones are not fired.
What is a Google Tag Manager ID?
Log in to your Google Tag Manager account and open a container. In the top right corner (next to the Submit and Preview buttons) you’ll see some short text that starts with GTM- and then contains some letters/numbers. That’s your Google Tag Manager ID.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager does not replace Google Analytics.
Instead, it helps users to easily add Google Analytics tracking codes (tags) to your website, deploy GA event code snippets and define rules, when each tag must fire. Google Tag Manager is the middle-man of your digital analytics implementation on any website.
How do I get rid of Google Tag Manager?
How to Delete and Restore Tags in Google Tag Manager –