How do you cook rice in a Black and Decker rice cooker?
How To Make Rice Using The Black And Decker Rice Cooker
How much water do you put in a rice cooker?
Measure the water.
- White, long grain – 1 3/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (420 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, medium grain – 1 1/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (360 mL water per 240 mL rice)
- White, short grain – 1 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (300 mL water per 240 mL rice)
How long does Black and Decker rice cooker take?
How do you use a rice cooker plus?
Place the rice and water in the Micro-Cooker®. Put on the lid. Place the Micro-Cooker® in microwave and follow the package directions to begin cooking.
- Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of uncooked white rice and 2 cups (500 mL) of water in the 3-qt.
- Microwave on HIGH for 12–15 minutes, or until cooked.
How do you keep rice from sticking to the bottom of a rice cooker?
Spraying the cooking pot with pan spray, or rubbing it lightly with butter, can also help keep the rice from sticking. It’s especially helpful if your cooker doesn’t have a nonstick lining, or if the lining is scratched and worn. Use the correct amount of water for your rice.
How do I make rice in my rice cooker?
Follow the instructions that come with your rice cooker and the type of rice you are preparing. For most rice cookers, combine 1 1/2 to 2 cups of liquid with 1 cup of rice; this will yield about 3 cups rice or enough for 6 (1/2 cup) servings. Turn the rice cooker on and let it cook according to the instructions.
How long does it take to cook 2 cups of rice in a rice cooker?
One cup of regular long, medium, or short grain rice typically takes 15 minutes to cook in a rice cooker, parboiled rice tends to take 20 minutes for 1 cup, and 1 cup of whole grain rice can take between 40 and 45 minutes.
How much water do I use for 2 cups of rice in a rice cooker?
White, short grain – 1 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (300 mL water per 240 mL rice) Brown, long grain – 2 1/4 cups of water per 1 cup of rice (520 mL water per 240 mL rice) Sold as “parboiled” (not half-cooked at home) – 2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice.
What can you cook in rice cooker?
5 New Cooking Uses for Your Rice Cooker
- Make a hot breakfast. To make oatmeal or other hot cereals, add a little less milk or water than you would for stovetop cooking (and some chopped nuts and dried fruit if you want).
- Steam vegetables.
- Make risotto without stirring.
- Slow-cook soups, beans, or stews.
- Poach fruit.