How do you use a gas station air pump?
The Practical Girl’s Guide to Putting Air in Your Tires –
How do you check tire pressure at a gas station?
How to Check the Tire Pressure at a Gas Station
- Go to a gas station that has an air machine for filling tires.
- Pick one tire to start with and locate the PSI label on the tire.
- Remove the tire air stem cap.
- Pull the air hose over to the tire.
- Read the pressure bar to see the current PSI level in your tire.
Can you use gas station air pump for bike?
However, air hoses from gas stations are usually unregulated, high-pressure & high-volume, and lack a pressure gauge. Therefore, it is much easier to over-inflate and even blow out your bicycle tire, if you were to use one. An investment in a bicycle pump is one of the best you can make as a cyclist.
Do air pumps at gas stations cost money?
Some gas stations charge as much as $1.50 for air. And many drivers, not knowing any better, will drop quarters into the slot so they can fill their tires. If a gas station owner insists that you have to pay for air even after you’ve used the pump, stand your ground.