What can I buy with a stolen credit card number?
Most Common Purchases with Stolen Credit Card Information
- Gift Cards. Gift cards are extremely popular for credit card thieves.
- Online Services. Online services are another high-ticket item for credit card fraudsters.
- Game Credits.
- Luxury Items.
- Business Services.
Can a stolen credit card be traced?
Thieves often do this to make sure that the card is still valid before they sell the numbers or try to use it. If the person is smart, he used the card in a way which makes it difficult if not impossible to trace him. Unfortunately, it is common for credit cards to be stolen these days.
What happens when you use a stolen credit card?
Your Responsibility for Charges on a Stolen Credit Card
Under the FCBA, you won’t be held liable for any charges if you report the theft before any fraudulent charges are made on your account. However, you could be liable for up to $50 if the thief uses your stolen credit card before you report the theft.
What a credit card holder must do when his or her card is lost or stolen?
Here are five steps to take if your credit card is lost or stolen.
- Call your credit card issuer. Call your credit card issuer immediately to report the loss or theft of your missing card.
- Get prepped with information.
- Follow up and keep records.
- Check your credit card statement.
- Check your insurance coverage.