What information do you need to send money via Western Union?
Start online, finish in store
Your government-issued ID to be shown at the agent location. Your cash or debit card to pay for the transfer amount and fees. Your receiver’s first and last name, to be entered as it appears on their government-issued ID. Your receiver’s country, and in some cases*** their full address.
How do I receive money through Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location. Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Complete the To Receive Money Form at the Agent Location. Complete the To Receive Money form using printed, capital letters.
- Present ID and Form to the Agent Clerk. Your completed form.
- Receive the Money. The Agent clerk will check your ID.
How do I use Western Union online?
How to Send Money Online with Western Union (Western Union
How much does it cost to send money Western Union?
The fee is $4.50 to transfer up to $50 and $9.50 to send up to $900. Western Union, in comparison, charges $5 for a money transfer of up to $50, but a transfer of $900 could cost $76. There are a number of price points in between, dependent on the amount of money to transfer.
What is the highest amount you can send through Western Union?
Available currencies and limits
For example, you can send from $1 to $5,000 online, while the maximum mobile money transfer amount is $500. For transfers initiated by phone, you can send from $300 to $7,499, while there are typically no limits on the amount you can send from an agent location.
How long does it take Western Union to send money to a bank account?
Please follow the payment instructions on your money transfer receipt. Your money’s generally available in 1 or 2 days. If you send to a bank account, it may take 3 to 5 days.
What info does someone need to send me money?
Name of the person or business you’re paying. Six-digit sort code of the account you’re paying. Eight-digit account number of the account you’re paying. A payment reference (often your name or customer number) to let them know the money came from you.
What are the requirements to receive money from Western Union?
- Complete the Receive Money form.
- Give the form to the agent with your government-issued photo ID and the tracking number (MTCN).
- Review and sign the receipt.
- The agent will give you the money and a copy of the receipt.
What documents are required to receive money from Western Union?
You need to present any official government issued ID (e.g. valid passport, Government issued ID, driver’s license, residence permit with photo, work permit with photo, emergency passport, UNHCR Card, military/police/government ID, I Kad) to pick up money at a Western Union agent location.
How do you transfer money to someone?
Here are 11 easy ways to send money:
- Square Cash. Transferring money with Square Cash is free.
- Venmo. Money transfer apps like Venmo let you send money and do other functions, like paying at participating businesses with your phone.
- Chase QuickPay.
- 7. Facebook Messenger.
- Google Wallet.
How can I send money to someone without a bank account?
We’ll cover some of the cheapest, fastest and easiest ways to send money to someone without a bank account.
- Money Order. Money orders work a bit like checks.
- Western Union.
- Square Cash.
- Prepaid Debit Cards.
- Google Wallet.
How do you wire money to someone?
How to Wire Money
- Decide which provider to use. Banks and money transfer companies offer wire transfers.
- Gather the information. You’ll need your recipient’s name, location and bank account information to start.
- Check costs and choose the transfer method.
- Know the fine print.
- Fill out the form carefully.
- Save the receipt.