How do you switch rows and columns in Excel?
Transpose (rotate) data from rows to columns or vice versa
- Select the range of data you want to rearrange, including any row or column labels, and press Ctrl+C.
- Choose a new location in the worksheet where you want to paste the transposed table, ensuring that there is plenty of room to paste your data.
How do I transpose vertical to horizontal in Excel?
Copy vertical data and paste it horizontally in Excel
- Copy the vertical data.
- Find the cell you want to insert the data, and then click on it to select.
- Select the Paste button, but click on the down arrow – and a pop up menu of choices appears (these are your Paste Special options).
- Select the Transpose option and click ok…and your vertical data is now across the top row.
Why is transpose not working in Excel?
The range you’re trying to transpose may have more than 16,384 rows and will thus overflow the maximum number of columns available. The most likely cause is that you have selected a group of cells to copy and then when you want to paste, you have selected another group of cells that are not the same cell size.