Five possible uses of tea tree oil
- Wound dressing. Place a few drops of oil onto fresh wound dressing to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation.
- Homemade mouthwash. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil to a cup of water and use as mouthwash.
- Natural dandruff remedy.
- Acne treatment.
- Household cleaner.
Dispense a few drops of tea tree oil onto a damp cotton swab and dot it directly on blemishes. Alternatively, you can mix 5–6 drops of tea tree oil into a lightweight facial moisturizer and apply it to your entire face. Don’t apply a benzoyl peroxide product until you know how your skin responds to the tea tree oil.Add five drops of tea tree oil to a half-ounce of carrier oil, mix them, stir into a bucket of warm water, and soak your feet for 20 minutes. Keep your nails neat and nicely trimmed during the healing process. Use clean nail clippers, scissors, or a nail file to remove any dead nails.An oil with anti-inflammatory effects, such as tea tree oil, could reduce swelling in the outer part of the ear. Soak a cotton ball in essential oil. Place the cotton ball on the opening to the ear and let the oil slowly seep into the ear. Do not place the cotton ball inside the ear.Use
- mixing the oil with water, applying it to the skin with a cotton ball, leaving it overnight, and washing it off in the morning.
- diluting tea tree oil with olive oil or another carrier oil, applying it to affected areas, allowing it to dry, and then washing it off.
There are different ways to use tea tree oil to treat bacterial vaginosis, including mixing it with coconut oil (or another carrier oil) and soaking a tampon in it. Insert the tampon into the vagina and remove it after an hour. Remove it sooner if there is any irritation. Repeat this a few times per day.How To Use Tea Tree Oil
- Mix one tablespoon of organic coconut oil with ten drops of tea tree oil in a small bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and massage into your roots for ten minutes – be sure to focus areas you feel are extra dry or itchy.
To use tea tree oil as a hair growth treatment, mix a few drops of tea tree oil with any carrier oil (coconut, jojoba, almond). Mix it well and massage the mixture onto the scalp. Rinse thoroughly. The mixture should feel refreshing and will have a tingling effect on your scalp.You can also do a foot soak a few times per week. Add five drops of tea tree oil to a half-ounce of carrier oil, mix them, stir into a bucket of warm water, and soak your feet for 20 minutes. Keep your nails neat and nicely trimmed during the healing process.Do a patch test
- Dilute the oil. For every 1 to 2 drops of tea tree oil, add 12 drops of a carrier oil.
- Apply a dime-sized amount of the diluted oil to your forearm.
- If you don’t experience any irritation within 24 hours, it should be safe to apply elsewhere.
Dilute 100 percent tea tree oil in a carrier oil such as coconut oil or jojoba oil. (The usual recipe is 3 to 5 drops of pure tea tree oil in 1/2 to 1 ounce of carrier oil.) Apply head-to-toe twice per day for seven days.
Can you put tea tree oil directly on your skin?
Experts consider tea tree oil to be safe as a topical treatment, and you can apply it directly to the skin on a daily basis. When applied to the skin in its pure (100% oil) form, tea tree oil seldom causes irritation. You can also dilute tea tree oil with vegetable, olive, or almond oil.
Do you have to dilute tea tree oil?
No green cleaning kit or natural medicine cabinet is complete without tea tree oil. While it’s always important to dilute tea tree oil in a carrier oil before using it on your body, people with sensitive skin should dilute the oil even more or choose a product that is pre-diluted for sensitive skin.
What happens if you don’t dilute tea tree oil?
‘You should never apply any sort of essential oil directly to the skin without diluting it first in a suitable carrier oil. Tea tree oil has become very popular, and many people have started applying it directly to deal with acne and skin infections. The skin can dry out, blister or form a rash. ‘
Does tea tree oil help dark spots?
While tea tree oil cannot remove dark spots it can help prevent them. Tea tree oil is effective at helping to treat and prevent pimples. When spots form they can leave behind areas of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) i.e. dark spots.
What happens when you put tea tree oil in your bath water?
Tea Tree Oil can also dry out blackheads, pimples and other blemishes therefore reducing their appearance over time. You can do this by adding a few drops of the oil into your regular bath water and soaking in the water for at least ten minutes.