Can I apply lavender oil directly to skin?
The short answer is that yes, lavender essential oil can be applied directly to the skin.
To treat burns and sunburn – lavender essential oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, so a few drops applied topically to burns will have a wonderfully soothing effect.
Where do you put lavender oil for sleep?
How to get more lavender in your life
- Arm your bedside table with the essentials for lavender lovers – pure lavender oil, a diffuser, and a pillow spray to use to give your pillowcases a fine spritz.
- Dab a drop or two of essential oil on your temples, wrists or neck before bedtime.
What kind of oil should I use for lavender oil?
Making lavender oil requires simple ingredients: 1.5 cups olive oil, 7 Vitamin E oil capsules and 1.5 to 2 cups lavender buds or flowers. Heat the olive until it bubbles at pot edges. Add lavender and simmer for 30 minutes.
How do I use lavender oil on my hair?
Massage diluted lavender oil onto your scalp.
- You can dilute lavender essential oil with a carrier oil, such as jojoba or coconut oil.
- Oil massaging anywhere from once per week to once per day works well.
- You can also add oil to your very own homemade shampoo.