What is the procedure of autoclave?
The usual procedure is to heat at 1.1 kilograms/square centimeter (kg/cm2) [15 pounds/square inch (lb/in2)] steam pressure, which yields a temperature of 121°C.
At 121°C, the time of autoclaving to achieve sterilization is generally considered to be 15-20 min, depending on the volume of the load.
What precautions needs to be taken when using an autoclave?
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a lab coat, heat resistant gloves, and eye protection, especially when unloading the autoclave.
- Never sealing containers; under pressure they pose an explosion risk.
- Never opening the door to the autoclave if there is water running out the bottom.
How do you use a manual autoclave?
Instruction Manual for Autoclave/Pressure Steam Sterilizer
- Place the Autoclave and sterilizing material on the table or on the shelf.
- Remove the stopcock whistle/valve from the vent tube fitted at the lid.
- Twist the lid of the autoclave Anticlockwise and lift the lid.
- Fill water (appx.
- Place the loaded Basket/Dressing Drum in the autoclave.
How do you use a vet autoclave?
FFA- Autoclave technique –