Makeup on your eyes can make or break your look. These steps will help you to achieve perfect eye makeup that will last the whole day.
1. Invest in a good quality eyeshadow palette. Choose a palette that has natural tones, so that you could use it every day for numerous looks. When you master the technique of applying eyeshadow you can explore with more colorful shadows.
2. Apply concealer under your eyes. You want to cancel out any darkness surrounding the eyes. This will make you look more awake and it will make your eyes stand out. But, be careful, you don’t want to put too much concealer on, as this will make it look cakey and it won’t look natural. Use a little bit of a concealer that’s one or two shades lighter than your skin color and use your finger to lightly tap it into the skin starting from the inner corners of the eyes.
3. You should always prime your lids. A primer will help your eyeshadow stay on your eyelids in rain, sweat, and even heavy oil slicks produced by your skin. The eyeshadow will go on smoothly and blend out a lot easier. To apply primer use a dot on each eye and blend it out with your fingers.
4. Apply eyeshadow. Eyeshadow is great because it covers up the veins on your eyes and it helps your eyes pop. Use a light brown shade and apply it to your crease using a fluffy blending brush. Use a light circular motion to blend it out. Make sure you are not pressing too hard on your eyelids with the brush since the skin is sensitive and you don’t want to pull on it too much. In the outer corners of your eyes apply a darker shade and blend it out. In the center of your eyes apply a light shimmering shadow. You can wet your brush to make it apply easier or use your finger.
5. Line your eyes. If you want your makeup to look natural you could skip this step, but this step will help your eyes to look more defined. You can use liquid liners, eye pencils or dark eyeshadow and a brush. Apply your liner of choice as close to the lash line as possible. If you want a more dramatic look you can create a wing. Brown liner will look more natural than the black one, but it will make your eyes defined as well.
6. Place highlighter in your inner corner and just below the brow. You can also use a light shadow.
7. Curling your eyelashes will make your eyes look wispier and your eyes bigger. Start as close to your lash line as possible press and hold for a few seconds and repeat this a few times. Then move a bit up along the lashes and repeat this process until you reach the ends of your lashes. This will make curl appear more natural and your lashes will stay curled for longer.
8. Finally, finish your look with a little mascara. Simply place the wand of your mascara brush at the bottom of lashes and wiggle back and forth. Follow with another few sweeps of the wand. Apply to bottom lashes as well.